It's confounding to Naz, but what his lawyer, John Stone, is trying to explain to the young man accused of murder is that in criminal cases guilt or innocence is a matter of interpretation of the evidence.
Stone continues to tell Naz to stop telling him "the truth" of what happened and to keep quiet. returns to the crime scene to gather more evidence. He has Don Taylor, Andrea Cornish's stepfather, come in and identify the body, which Taylor does reluctantly. Det. Box questions him to get any possible information. Naz is visited by his parents in the precinct, and their conversation is recorded. Det. Box talks with Naz again, and when Naz won't make a confession, he charges him with homicide. Naz is then sent to Manhattan Central Booking, next to arraignment court where he pleads not guilty, and finally to Rikers Island to await prosecution.
- John Turturro as John Stone
- Riz Ahmed as Nasir Khan
- Michael K. Williams as Freddy Knight
- Bill Camp as Dennis Box
- Jeannie Berlin as Helen Weiss
- Peyman Moaadi as Salim Khan
- Poorna Jagannathan as Safar Khan
- Glenne Headly as Allison Crowe
- Amara Karan as Chandra Kapoor
- Paul Sparks as Don Taylor
- Sofia Black-D'Elia as Andrea Cornish